Friday, January 22, 2010

Thump, Thump In The Night

January 20, 2010

2:30 a.m. - Man, the wind is a howling tonight! Other-worldly sounds of wind gusts outside my bedroom window and shivering oak trees making aching cries.

5:00 a.m. – Not yet light outside. Buddy, my new boxer, has to be let outside to do his business. Why won’t he come in from the backyard when I call? I throw my husband’s jacket over my p.j.’s, slip on cold boots over naked feet, and grab the leash.

I’m outside in the rain, flashlight in hand, “Here Buddy, here Buddy”. Another giant wind gust rattles through the darkness, and like a rocket, Buddy skedaddles back to the safety of our warm house.

8:30 a.m. – Further investigation into the havoc of last night’s storm: Two segments of fence down and muddy streams making paths in the yard.

Photobucket

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been here a millions times. Just happened last night that I had to go out to get my dog from sniffing out a skunk that lives under our deck.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs