Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Testing, Testing, Testing

I was wondering if anyone was really out there looking at my blog. You might think it was a clever ploy to publish my best recipe, leave out an ingredient, and see if anyone noticed. First of all…

1) I’m not that smart
2) I’m not that calculating
3) I don’t have test kitchen chefs to catch my errors

My friend Lindy caught the error in the Leek & Potato Soup. I forgot to list potatoes on the ingredients. What a ditz! So here is the revised recipe….and it’s still my best of my best recipes.

Leek & Potato Soup

½ cup butter
4 large leeks, thinly sliced
2 potatoes, diced into bite-size pieces
3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
2 carrots, thinly sliced
6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 cups hot chicken broth
2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
3 cups whipping cream or half-and-half
2 teaspoons salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
4 tablespoons chopped chives

Melt butter. Add vegetables; cook until brown. Blend in flour gradually. Stir in hot broth and bring to a boil. Simmer until vegetables are tender. Add cheese; stir until melted. Scald cream (or half-and-half) and add to mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer 20 minutes.

Here’s where your preference comes in. Serve as a rustic, hardy main dish soup or strain.

Serve garnished with chives.

Yield: 4 to 5 main dish servings or
8 to 10 starter servings

1 comments:

Eddie with LYFE Photography said...

I thought it was missing something as me and Amy enjoyed a nice bowl! lol

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs